Choosing Colours for your Wedding Stationery.Article Written:
Choosing a colour for your wedding invitations isn’t as easy as you may think.
Your wedding colours are one of the first choices you make towards the planning of your big day and there are a lot of factors to take into consideration.
If you haven’t made a decision or you are struggling to decide what colours you would like, we have put together a few pointers to help you to decide.
Tip on choosing your wedding colour(s).
- Wedding Venue – Have a good walk around your venue, they may have carpets, curtains & décor that dictate what colours may be appropriate? If the décor of the venue is neutral, choose a colour that compliments the setting?
- Time of year! – Which season your wedding is in will have a dramatic affect on what colours you choose? Spring/Summer – this may involve pastel or more vibrant colours or both. Autumn/Winter – This season may involve deeper, comforting colours or why not go for white and black (Monochrome) and/or silver with Christmas in mind.
- Try to limit your colours to two or three and keep them consistent throughout your stationery, flowers, bridesmaids and room decoration.
- If you are still stuck, check out a colour wheel or colour palette generator, you will see what colours match and what colours work well with each other.
- If all else fails, forget about trend or fashion, just go with what you like?
We will be posting an article soon on some of the trends and styles you can expect to see for wedding invitations in 2018. There will be a few colour palettes/schemes in there if you’e looking for more inspiration.
Alternatively, take a look at our wedding invitation gallery where we have lots of designs and different colours to look through. If you would prefer to come in and see us to discuss any thoughts or ideas you have, please get in touch and we can arrange an appointment for you